Sunday, January 5, 2014

Leaving A Dog Outside 24/7 Is Not Only Cruel It Can Be Deadly…….

Mom here: a day like today I never want to experience- ever again. I am crawling into a hole now. My dogs have it beyond amazing and me stressing about rescheduling Mac's appointment just got to be a lot less of a "big" deal in my mind:


A dear friend and I found a dog, dead, inside a dog house this afternoon while we were passing out free straw to many local "outside" dogs. I will not entertain
 any questions due to the nature of this entire situation and the possible damaging of any further action to be taken. I do want to bring this lost soul's story to light for the simple fact that I can not wrap my brain around this even for a second. Today this dog looked severely emaciated and possibly frozen to death. A few weeks ago he looked good when I gave him the house and not "skinny" at all. I even checked on him via a local neighbor about a week ago and the people said he was fine and loved his house? Nothing really explains why or how he truly died but he did, alone and cold. My friend and I tenderly managed to get his frozen chain off from around his neck and wrapped him in a towel to carry him to my truck. This dog had no name as we placed his cold lifeless body on the tailgate. I couldn't breath or even think about naming him as I looked at his body. The other parent and I took him right to the shelter tonight to be cremated. This was his existence, to live on a chain, unnamed and then be discarded like trash. He had shelter, food and water so legally things checked out. This is not what is supposed to happen to any living thing. I am beyond sick of what some people feel is acceptable treatment of living things. My heart has shattered into a million pieces for this boy. My friend at the shelter named him Walter. That did me in, to have him finally be given the honor of a name. Walter, I hope you are sleeping on a warm couch and eating cheeseburgers right now. You deserved so much more and humans failed you.


I am posting a blurred image so you do not have to see fully what I saw today. I feel you need to see him in a way though to understand that we need to be a voice for the voiceless. Take action! Even though I did everything I thought I could for Walter it just wasn't good enough and that will haunt me forever. I am sorry Walte
r.

No comments: