Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Better Business Bureau Gives Rock Creek Kennels An "F" Rating & Here Are A Few Complaints Filed With The BBB Against This Dog Breeder

4/15/2014Problems with Product/Service | Read Complaint Details
X

Additional Notes

Complaint: I sent a check to Rock Creek Kennels for a deposit on a wired haired fox terrier puppy. After I had put the check in the mail I found that Rock Creek Kennels is rated "F" on the Kansas Better Business Bureau. I also found a complaint from another person on www.thebreederattings.com about the exact same situation but she had sent Rock Creek a check for $1,000. I had only sent a deposit of $275. I contacted ******* about the deposit and told him I was going to but a stop payment on the check. Needless to say he went ballistic. By the time I got to my bank the check had already cleared. He will not give me a refund. I have done some more investigating and I have found 2 different websites for Rock Creek Kennels one in Kansas City, KS and one in Meriden, KS. and 3rd kennel by the name of Clover Acres Kennel also located in Kansas City, KS. All have the same phone number: ###-###-#### which happens to be *******s cell phone. There is also not a physical address for this company or *******'s last name listed on any of the websites. I can not find any information on the Secretary of State website where any of these business's are registered to do business in the State of Kansas. I believe that all of these websites are fronts for a dog kennel located someplace else.
Desired Settlement: I would like to get a refund but I doubt that will happen as ******* has not responded to any of the complaints listed against his company with the Better Business Bureau so far.
3/29/2014Problems with Product/Service | Read Complaint Details
X

Additional Notes

Complaint: We purchase a puppy what was advertised to be a Maltipoo (Maltese/poodle Mix). Her name prior to the purchase was ********, we renamed her *****. I asked several times if the puppy was a Maltipoo and was advised that the mother was peer bred Malteese and the father a black poodle. She was listed to not get more than 4-6 lbs.I advised I needed to make sure since I am allergic to shedding dogs.We paid $500.00 for the a Maltipoo and $300.00 shipping.She arrived on November 19th, 2013 with a trucker in a semi truck. I was told she would be coming with a pet carrier. I was told she would have a bag of food and a kennel and her papers with her chip information. None arrived with her. I had to meet the driver 1 1/2 hours away from our home.When she arrived she was very cute, but did not resemble our current Maltipoo that we had at home by no means. She had straight fine black hair. When I took her to the vet on November 20th she was at 2.5 lbs we were told she was in healthy condition, but he also believed that she was not a Maltipoo and suggested when she was bigger we could do a DNA test.We had to wait until February 4th when she weighed 5.6 lbs to get the tested done.I received the results yesterday and it showed she had no poodle in her ancestry. She is a Maltese crossed with a Coton de Tulear Mix. The Wisdom Panel performed over seven million calculations using 11 different models to predict the most likely combination of pure breed and mixed breed dogs in the last 3 ancestral generations that best fit the DNA marker pattern observed in *****. When I contacted the breeder he advised me that I was full of it and he could prove who her parents are. I don't understand how he can and I told him I had DNA results that she is not Maltipoo as we paid for. I told him I would have to report him to the BBB. He said if I did it would be a false claim.
Desired Settlement: We do intend to give up ***** she is a part of our family. But we also did not get what was advertised and promised. We would like to receive our $500.00 back and to alert others to this company and if possible the transportation money of $300.00.What if I had be allergic to her?What if they are running a puppy mill?

No comments: