Monday, August 2, 2010

Smiling Dog Farms "A Fabulous Rescue"

Rooney says, "Please pass this on to all the NON-rescue people you know!
You can suggest they check out our website at www.smilingdogfarms.org.
to learn more about Smiling Dog Farms! We really need your help! Thank You!!"

You have always come through for us
We try not to ask unless we really need your help.
We don't want to ever take you for granted!

This weekend, you donated $30
Thank You
You've donated $2635 so far!

We now need just $2606 to wipe out our debt at the bank.

Long term, we need more regular, monthly donors...
then we won't have to beg for money every few months!

Please click http://smilingdogfarms.org/Donations_Page.html to become
a monthly "subscriber" for $10/mo, or $20/mo or whatever you can do to help!

Ella says, "It's not easy being blind and old.
Sometimes I get confused. That happened to me a couple weeks ago.
Somehow, I ended up wandering in town and couldn't remember how I got there!
I was out in the hot Texas sunshine and I could not see to find a shady place.
I became thirsty and exhausted.
Finally, I could not take another step, and I just laid down and baked in the blistering sun.
I was starting to think I might not make it... and then I heard a friendly voice!
It was a wonderful woman named Catherine, who had been jogging nearby and saw me.
She stopped to help me.
She realized that I was blind and she took me home with her.
She called the local rescue group in our town,
but they said they couldn't take any dogs right now!
Then she took me to one of the local veterinarians.
I heard him tell Catherine that he would euthanize me for her,
because no one would want a dog who was old and blind!
Can you believe that?
He said it right in front of me like I wasn't even there!
And he is a vet -- supposed to be dedicated to life, not death!
Fortunately, Catherine would have none of it.
She paid for boarding (which is not cheap at that vet's office) for the weekend.
And then Catherine got busy on the phone, looking for someone to take me.
Besides the local rescue in town, she called rescues in Houston and other cities.
But they either had no room, or they echoed the vet's words!
And then Catherine learned about Smiling Dog Farms through a friend in town.
She called to see if I could go live there.
And Ricky and Jay said, "Yes"!
Jay picked me up from the vet's office and took me down the road to the farm.
Ricky and Jay said that I would be in their adoption program.
They said that some families would love a dog like me, and we just have to keep looking.
And until we find my family, I will just stay right here at the farm.
I am living in a play yard with some smaller dogs who are nice to me.
And I am learning my way around the yard and the townhouse... but I won't go upstairs!
That's a little too risky for an old gal like me!
Now I am never left out in the sun, and I have lots of water and food.
And I have the company of the other dogs.
I'm glad that Smiling Dog Farms said "yes" when I had no where else to go

No comments: