Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Another Successful Rescue Story......

After seeing a picture of Bradley in the paper as Pet of the Week, I worried a lot about him due to the fact that he was eleven years old. Already having two dogs, I kept fingers crossed that he would get a good home. Two days later, I called the shelter and found out he was still there and had been there for two and a half months. His owner had to go to assisted living and the daughter brought him to the shelter. As soon as I saw him, I applied to adopt and took him home. We've had many dogs in our 54 years of marriage but never have we had a dog that shows his happiness to the extent Bradley does. This little dog is as near to perfect in every way as any dog I've heard of. He's in good health and dearly loves to play with toys and is an expert ball player. We hope to have many more years with him as he's such a joy to be around. 
The first week we had him, he hardly slept at all because he was so busy entertaining us - my husband said he was auditioning. 
Many people passed him up due to his age but, if they had any idea of the personality of this dog, I'm sure he would have been adopted long before. We really hate he was at the shelter for so long but we're so thankful he was made Pet of the Week so we could have this wonderful dog. He certainly qualifies for Pet of the Year in our eyes.
Carol B.
Church Hill, TN

No comments: