Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Increase In The Number Of Dogs Shootings In St. Louis......

Increase in the number of dog shootings in St. Louis


     I’ve said many times that to be a stray dog on our nation’s city streets is to be a dead dog walking.  Never has that statement been truer than what I’ve seen this summer in St. Louis. It’s hard enough to survive escalating temperatures, starvation and illness.  Add to that betrayal and cruelty at the hands of human beings with guns, and you’re as good as gone.  I’ve been rescuing animals for the better part of my adult life, and I’m still so deeply troubled by the rampant abuse I see every day.  It’s overwhelming, the violence just seems to be spiraling out of control, and the dogs always seem to get caught in the crossfire, if they weren’t already the direct target.
    Over the last several months, I’ve seen an alarming increase in the number of dogs that have been shot, some by children. It breaks my heart that these innocent creatures are in so much pain, that is why I am writing this letter. These are just some of the dogs that have suffered at the wrong end of a gun recently. Without your support, their lives would have met a tragic end.
Meet my buddy Shep who was shot in the spine which rendered him paralyzed. Because of our abuse fund, he is now beating the odds and can even run!

Martini stole my heart. She was shot in the leg and suffered a broken jaw after being beaten. She lost her leg but not her spirit, and she continues healing every day. She is a “Daddy’s girl.”

Then there is Boomer. Another victim of being shot in the face, and now he’s ready for his forever home!

We can’t forget Chiquita, who was shot on her side. Even through the pain, she cared for and protected her one surviving pup.
This is just a snapshot of some the homeless dogs’ plight when it comes to gun violence. YOU and your contributions saved their lives and for that, the dogs and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
 As I write this, over the past weekend we had three more shooting victims, and I know it will cost Stray Rescue even more money to save them. At Stray Rescue of St. Louis, we leave no dog behind. Please help us save these innocent victims of violence, and those who are still waiting to be rescued. They’re counting on us, and we can’t let them down. With your donation to our Sidney Strum Animal Abuse Fund we CAN make a difference and save the dogs caught in urban warfare. You can save a life today by making a donation, and right now your impact will be doubled by being matched dollar for dollar! Thanks for always fighting the good fight with me!
Love and WOOF!
Randy Grim
Founder, Stray Rescue of St. Louis

No comments: