Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Boys Are Back In Town

Ahhhh..... but alas I get Big Tom to myself. It's another BOYS WEEKEND at the lake. It is so much fun to get Big Tom's undivided attention all to myself. Actually I'm painting a picture without a brush here. Who am I kidding as Big Tom will be working away as I entertain myself with all my lake furry friends who I adore. He works his fanny off down at the lake house trying to complete the newest addition he and Rick built to our little haven. He loves to build and it is his passion that we all admire, support and reap the benefits of.I do talk him into taking breaks and playing a round of frisbee throughout the day together. But for the most part,he works and I get to play with all my furry lake friends. My best buddy at the lake just passed away. He was such a gentle guy, who towered over me as the Great Danes tend to do. Every time I saw him I'd run up and want to rough house with him. Half the time I would manage with my amazing athletic skills to jump up to his neck and playfully bite him. He was older and would tolerate me like no bodies business. His owner just adored him and we all miss him dearly. Here's to friends who have changed the course of our lives and made the journey more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend at the lake! The scenery looks beautiful.

Jackie said...

Thanks for the visit Mary Jo and Hudson.

Always sad to lose a good friend. Do hope you still managed to have a great weekend and met new furry friends.