Monday, April 18, 2011

Ellen Lends Her Voice To Help Animals


Ellen DeGeneres is much more than a great talk show host and a comedian. She’s a socially aware person, and she’s an advocate for animals. Today, I was pleased to be a guest on her show about my new book, The Bond. She’s one of my favorite people, and she is helping to make such a difference. The Ellen DeGeneres Show We spoke about the landmark Prop 2 campaign in California, and she had a mighty role in it, helping raise awareness and funds for the campaign to phase out the extreme confinement of certain farm animals. On the show, we also discussed the outrageous effort in Missouri by state lawmakers to undo Prop B, the Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act. Both she and I implored her viewers to contact Gov. Jay Nixon (573-751-3222) to urge him to veto SB 113. Last night, we had another standing-room only crowd in New Canaan, Conn., for my book tour. Tonight, I’m in Portland, Maine, at the University of Maine. And tomorrow, I’m in Cambridge, Mass., on the Harvard campus. I head to the Philadelphia Public Library on Wednesday night, and then to the flagship Barnes & Noble at Union Square in Manhattan on Thursday. You can read about future tour dates by going to www.humanesociety.org/thebond. P.S. If you can’t didn’t catch Ellen today, you can watch the video here or listen to a few other interviews I’ve conducted on my tour: with NPR’s Scott Simon, KQED’s Michael Krasny, and KCRW’s Warren Olney.

No comments: