Friday, December 27, 2013

Beagles Are Primary Dog Breed Used In Research Laboratories …..

Beagles are one of the primary dog breeds used in research laboratories. Want to know why? Because of their demeanor and disposition. Beagles are absolutely sweet and most of them wouldn't hurt a fly. In labs, they are repeatedly subjected to all kinds of horrid situations. It absolutely broke my heart when I had found out about this in 2002. I stopped buying Eukanuba products because of what I had read back then about their test labs.


I am making the move to cruelty free products. Yes they do cost more. But for me, when I look at my two sweet beagles who obviously had a life of hell before they came to live with me, I can't imagine their breed buddies being subjected to horrible things. It is hard to explain. When I take my beagles to the vet for simple things like annual checkups, nail trims, or because they are a little under the weather, they sit so quietly and don't give any problems. (They do bay when they are in their kennel waiting for momma to come get them...they bay a lot). But seeing how they are...and imagining someone repeatedly injecting them with stuff...I can't help but feel stick to my stomach.

Beagle Freedom Project is an amazing rescue group that rescues beagles released from research laboratories. Follow their page to learn more.

For cleaners, I am changing over to using vinegar and water. I have some left over cleaning products which I am finishing out. Some things, I know I can't avoid buying. But I can try my best. Beagles should be loved and doted upon....not subjected to horrible research
 

No comments: