Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Former bait dog, courageous survivor 'Oogy' has passed away

A beloved dog, with an unmistakable face and an awe-inspiring story has passed away. The dog, named "Oogy," somehow survived being used bait in the blood-lust sport of dog fighting, and he went on to become a symbol of courage and resilience after being adopted by the Levin family. 
Oogy's face was disfigured from the trauma of his violent past - but his family loved him unconditionally - until his dying breath. Many people from around the world fell in love with the gentle dog after owner Larry Levin wrote a best-selling book titled, "Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love." Less than 24-hours ago, Levin announced the news of Oogy's passing to his Facebook followers.
The post, in part, read:
We covered Oogy with kisses. He kissed us back. This morning I fed Oogy a bison filet. I put moistureizer on his big fat nose and drops in his eyes so they wouldn’t itch, just like I do every day, and I put his warm orange coat on him, the one that Linda gave him, and we went for a ride. He was 100 years old and kept our spirits up through the whole ordeal but he’s gone from us. He didn’t suffer.
He also noted the incredible impact that Oogy had on his life:
We went through so much together and I can’t tell you how much he meant to me. He gave me the life I have. He brought me joy every single day for the last 12 years. Every single day. Think about that. I know this profound sadness is inevitable, and I don’t know how the hole will be filled, or even if it can be, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

No comments: