Thursday, August 20, 2009


He was tied out and abandoned (in 98 degree weather with no food or water)

His death date has already been set, and he is just basically waiting for it to come
I don't know what to say other than, please HELP! Barney is scheduled to be euthanized tomorrow, Friday, 8/21. Pls help by fostering, rescuing, or cross-posting (not to Craig’s List). Barney is AWESOME, and deserves as loving home as he is a loving dog. He has so much to give and has not had a chance. Please read his story below.
He is in a situation, no pet wants to be. Sadly for him... he has a few strikes already against him. He is big. 50-60 lbs
He is Black. (but has cute white markings)
He is in a HIGH kill Animal control
The animal control is VERY full.
He was tied out and abandoned... no owner is missing him :-(
His death date has already been set, and he is just basically waiting for it to come.
Barney is in a situation, no pet wants to be. Sadly for him... he has a few strikes already against him.
He is big. 50-60 lbs
He is Black. (but has cute white markings)
He is in a HIGH kill Animal control
The animal control is VERY full.
This being said, Barney still deserves to live. He is a special boy, who in 5 minutes captured they heart of an animal control officer who sees dogs every single day, abused, abandoned, neglected, and hopeless ones. Officer Tiffany Phillips rescued Barney from a short chain, in 98*degree weather. No Shade, No Water, No Life. Officer Phillips rescued Barney from that situation, and knowing his chances of ever walking out of this animal control alive were slim to none, she gave him a hug, took his picture and put him in his kennel.
Barney's euthanasia date should have been tomorrow AM, but he has gotten a 3 day extension. PLEASE make it worth it!!! If a rescue does not step up, he WILL be on the Friday kill list, and a dog who loves people will never know love back. Barney is a VERY well manner boy, with a gentle, calm disposition. He loves everyone, and walked into the Animal Control with his tail wagging and loving every pet on the head and treat Officer Phillips had to offer.
Please don't let this happy dog who walked in the front door with his tail wagging, go out the back door as dead weight in a body bag.
Officer Phillips Comments:
Please save me, I was impounded by Ofc. Phillips because my owner had me chained up in the heat with no shelter. When my owner found out I had been impounded , he decided to leave me here ; (...Now I hope that I make it out alive... I am a big boy, but very sweet and gentle and did not deserve to be tied up like I was . Please help me find a better life with someone who will let me be a member of the family. I am available now but it is urgent that I get out because they are very crowded....All animals adopted from Clayton Co Animal Control must be spayed or neutered within 30 days of adoption. A low cost spay/neuter certificate will be issued to adopting families at the time of adoption. Rescues please have copy of Dept. of Aug. license and permission form if you are sending someone other than the license holder, also picture I.D. All animals posted are at risk to be euthanized at any time due to overcrowding under severe circumstances. All animals are considered urgent after their available date has passed. Please call or come in....Thank you.....
CONTACT OFFICER TIFFANY PHILLIPS
Barney #095097
Clayton Co. Police Dept. Animal Control Unit

Jonesboro, Georgia

770-477-3684
May God bless you & keep you.A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal...Prov 12:10 (NIV)^._.^Jari Green 478-992-8346478-993-6352 (cell)SaveAPet,IncBecause everyone needs a home.478-994-3882saveapetinc.comdollygoodpuppy.orgheavenlyheart.org (a wonderful way to remember & share! & a portion goes to the dogs![of SAP])(p.s. Inside of me is a skinny girl trying to get out BUT I think I can shut her up with ice cream!)

No comments: