Sunday, August 9, 2009

Injuries Come With Sports Unfortunately

Casualties will happen with any sport but I wasn't prepared for this one. My life was moving along fabulously when out of nowhere I'm playing my favorite sport and without any signs or warning I lose my entire claw nail and am bleeding like crazy. I'm so caught up in the game I didn't even notice it or the blood but "mom" did immediately and made me stand still and she ran cold water over the injury. At this point I had no clue I was even injured. I was still walking fine and without any pain until we got into the house and she decided to play nurse Florence Nightingale without the degree. She had Maggie hold me in one of her sumo grips and she applied neosporin, wrapped gauze around the injured nail and then taped it up. They laughed their heads off as I was whimpering like a baby but it hurt folks and I can't help it I don't have a high tolerance to pain.

I also don't mind the extra loving that comes my way either after they get done laughing at me for being such a drama queen as they loving refer to me. The minute the bandage goes on my foot I seem to have a hard time walking on it. Even though when they aren't looking I can walk perfectly fine. A guys got to do what a guys got to do for some sympathy loving. I truly missed my calling as I should of been an actor. I've got the cow eyed feel sorry for me look down!!!Every morning they change my bandages and then the loving begins..... some injuries are worth it!!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Timmy is so good at getting attention when he wants to be babied.

Hudson said...

Hudson misses his buddy Baxter and Mary Jo misses her buddy Derek so we have to get together here soon. We love you guys!!!!