Missouri’s Worst Animal Breeders Revealed
- (Barnhart) injected carbon dioxide into a 55-gallon drum to euthanize 60-90 pound dogs who could barely fit into the container.
- (Hannibal) kept a dog living in an outdoor enclosure with a dead dog. In addition, the breeder failed to provide bedding in 52 enclosures containing a total of 94 dogs, though the temperature was well-below freezing.
- (Clark) allowed 15 puppies to live in wire-floored cages with holes large enough that their feet fell through. On August 18, 2011, the kennel did not provide adequate veterinary care to a dog who gave birth to a litter of puppies during the night and ate most of them by the morning.
- (Galt) failed to provide adequate veterinary care to a dog with a bone protruding from his tail. The breeder admitted the tail was recently docked using scissors without sanitation or anesthesia.
- (Willow Springs) failed to provide dogs with access to water in an outdoor facility with temperatures registering 99 degrees Fahrenheit. Inspectors observed mouse droppings on every surface and at least one dead mouse in a food receptacle.