Thursday, March 19, 2009

ANimal Rescue Konnection

This is a beautiful plea for help for her dogs you can contact her at cg_60@hotmail.com
Hi everyone. For those of you previously copied on last year's email, I am attaching the photos of Lucy which I finally received from the Sheriff's office. It will be a year next month that Lucy was shot. Of course, nothing was ever done about it. And nothing will be done about the cruelty that goes on until somehow, somewhere we get help. I want to know why we can't get a type of CSI for animals? To many, many of us these animals are more than animals, they are family!!! What can we do? Who can we contact? Lucy is in a better place and will never ever suffer again, go hungry or thirsty again, and now has playmates and all sort of friends where she is. I just hate thinking of how long Lucy laid there and bled out. Many of us small rescue groups do not have the financial resources to have adequate and approved (USDA - BIG JOKE) kennels. We pay for whatever vetting out of our own pockets and many, many times we go without food, and other necessities so these rescued many have food, water, shelter and vetting. Many of you responded with cash donations toward fencing and even some fencing material. It helped, believe me it helped. But I did not have enough man-power to help put it up for me or help me get this place in better shape. But there was so much more needed and no substantial resources to provide the other needs. Basically, the animals in my care had food, water, shelter, playtime and love as much as possible. Many, many of these guys are in great new homes, and believe me, just getting updates and pictures of them in their forever new homes makes it all worthwhile. Sadly, I have to move as my health is not bad, but I have MS and it is getting harder and more difficult to take care of the animals, especially the larger ones. My place needs so much work and I don't have the resources financially and manpower to keep up with things. I still try and help find the dogs, cats, puppies and kittens homes without taking them in to my own kennel area and they are still waiting at their present location to be rescued and given their second chance with a loving family. We do what we can to get the critical guys to safety ASAP. I will continue to help fight the cause of these animals from my new home, but it will be primarily by internet, books and articles I hope to publish, talks if I can (I know I am not anyone important but I can speak just as well as the important people), etc. I will volunteer at a shelter or two in my new area. I will help anyone I can try and cross post and find foster homes, but this area where I live now is not a good area for foster homes. They are few and far between. I plan on putting together a book with D'Ann Thompsen's help about our success stories to date. And there are many happy endings. That is what makes it all worth the work, sacrifice, tears and heartbreak we do experience. Thank you, all of you, who helped with what you could afford to halp out with. Thanks D'Ann for your never ending love of the animals and the sacrifices you make every day. Thank you to Talana and David for giving Zeus his forever wonderful new home when he was scheduled to die. Thank you Wayne for keeping Killer, nka Baby Girl, when I had no room, taking care of her babies, and giving what you could. Thank you all who help with the transport to get these animals to safety. We all just have to keep up the good work because just one life saved is worth a million.So please, let's not let Lucy's memory die with her. She did NOT deserve to die that agonizing death. I know who did it, but no way to prove it and no one to help get to the bottom of what happened. Sadly I have three wonderful rescue dogs still here and two rescue cats here. I have my own dog, Sugar, who can't go with me and it breaks my heart. I said I would never, ever move and not take her with me, but this move is not in my control. I prayer every day that someone will come along and say "hey, that is a great dog or that is a great cat". We'll give him/her a great home. Thanks again all of you.
Rita
ARK, Animal Rescue Konnection (on Petfinder's)

No comments: